Wednesday, December 6, 2023

It'll be Fun, they said...

 So, I just spent two days in a "learning summit." Basically, a couple of days at corporate office where people who already know each other get together and discuss what they already know, play with each other, drink, and eat with the agenda being bs and usually NOTHING is accomplished. So, why did I attend? I am new to my company and role and THOUGHT it would be a good way to network and learn a couple of tricks. Well, what I learned was that, just like high school, fraternities' or any other group, you're not in, unless you're in. The cliques were just annoying. Of course, there is the one person who is so stinkingly annoying but has to have it known that she is the "Queen of All Things" and you had better bow down to her at once. Now, bowing down to her wouldn't be a BAD thing; she had huge ta-tas and quite honestly, I'd have hit it. So, it wasn't all bad sitting there and imagining those fun bags flopping all over as she gorged on the stick between my legs. I'm sure she has done several of the other men in the group, as they were all around her basking in her glow, if you know what I mean.

And the "activities" in these types of things are always stupid and annoying. Group activities are never fun, however, stick them in a corporate setting and they're excruciatingly worse. "So, let's look at what we learned and discuss," says the meeting facilitator. How about we don't and just slit our wrists with a dull knife? It will have the same effect. Seriously, the answers were all the same from every group and they were answers I could have asked of any semi-intelligent 5th grader and gotten the same responses. Besides, we can't implement any of these ideas without a plethora of approvals, and those approvals ain't coming from anyone who gives a s*it. Does it increase the bottom line or cut an expense? Which is ironic coming from a support group; we're the definition of expense in the corporate world. So, I sat and waited for the days to end and went back to my hotel where I was surrounded by no one and had zero responsibilities except to myself. The dinner and "fun" social hours are an entire blog post in ad of themselves...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brain Dump

Boy, do I need a drink...it's been awhile. First and foremost, can we get some effing sunshine? My gawd. How do people in the Pacific No...